Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Giardia

I hope they come out tomorrow
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 AM

I hope they come out period!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Giardia

AAAAAGH! I can't wait until november! and once we get there, they'll just put them off some more...
Old 09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Pollock II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giardia
AAAAAGH! I can't wait until november! and once we get there, they'll just put them off some more...

Just in time for Christmas shopping!!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Giardia

We start studying cells in science next week! I already know lots, so i should do well...but there's always more to learn!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Pollock II

Quote:
We start studying cells in science next week! I already know lots, so i should do well...but there's always more to learn!

I have some awesome cell diagrams that we had to do in my lecture class. I could scan them and send them to you if you want. They're all color coded and everything! Even in college we're required to color...
Old 09-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I had an entire 300 level biology course devoted entirely to the cell and we did not even cover it all! You should see the size of the textbook for that one! I should take a ruler to it and see how big it is... Diagrams rock!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Pollock II

You think they'd start making text books smaller, so instead of having 20 chapters to go through in a semster, you only have 10, and then you take another class for the other 10, and you don't have to get another book. Plus it allows for more time going in depth on each chapter.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Tuburculosis

i would just like to tell you,i told my whole class about giant microbes today!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock II
You think they'd start making text books smaller, so instead of having 20 chapters to go through in a semster, you only have 10, and then you take another class for the other 10, and you don't have to get another book. Plus it allows for more time going in depth on each chapter.
I'd only see it for a way of getting more publications for the authors and so they could sell more books. Pretty much none of my classes, especially now that I am grad and most of my classes do not even use them at all, go through the whole text. I had several as an undergrad that had a book that you went though part one sem and another the next, still rare to do the whole thing. Pretty much all my science texts were not used much when I took the course but are very valuable now as reference texts. The cell bio monster text we of course did not cover all, it is one of the top books in that field, it is used in med school too.