Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-24-2006, 11:32 AM
kskerr's Avatar
kskerr kskerr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ames, IA/Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,167
Default

What a lousy pun , poor Giardia, I got the buggers when I was in 5th grade, it took us over a month to get rid of them since my siblings and I passed them back and forth and they get into everything... I think I'd rather have lice than poison ivy right now, I hate poison ivy so much!
__________________
~~Nonpathogenic microbes are our friends~~
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Pollock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I remember when I got lice. It was miserable! I had to put all my stuffed animals in plastic bags (I had about 100) for a week or 2. I picked 'em up from sharing a hair comb with a friend of mine shortly after her brother got over lice. They forgot to clean the comb!!


I'm really allergic to poison ivy, and last summer, I got it all over my face. We tell the kids at camp what it looks like, and show them, but they never listen, so one kid touched it, then grabbed my hand (I'm assuming this is how it happened) and then I scratched my face... It looked like someone had hit my jaw with a chair my face was so puffy.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
kskerr's Avatar
kskerr kskerr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ames, IA/Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,167
Default

Poison Ivy needs to be eradicated, it is the worst! I have it all over (legs, arms, face, neck) I have some swollen lymph nodes that hurt so I went to the doc, he put me on steroids, hope that does the trick!

I got lice from a friend of a friend or her cousin (who knows which), funny thing was her mother accused me of giving it to her daughter but my case was beginning stages and her daughter's was advanced (the nurse said so). All my stuff had to be washed or bagged for the 2 weeks I think it is, and I was made fun of for a few years (I was the only one in my grade to get it and was very unpopular to begin with plus it was a small school so everyone knew everyone), so glad I am in college and out of K-12! People here are sympathetic of my poison ivy, if I were still in grade school they'd be harrassing me. Funny, I am likely going to be the most educated of my class since I am getting a PhD.
__________________
~~Nonpathogenic microbes are our friends~~
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Pollock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Actually, birds and other animals eat poison ivy.

And kids are cruel. They're possibly the meanest things on earth; especially 13 year old girls.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
kskerr's Avatar
kskerr kskerr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ames, IA/Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,167
Default

They can find something else to eat, poison ivy needs to be eradicated!!! Kids can be awful but oh well such is like, taught me some valuable lessons growing up and made me strong. Plus the friends I had were great, not shallow backstabbers like the popular kids, so many times I'd hear one going on and on about someone they were supposed to be bestest friends with behind their back, me and mine never did that.
__________________
~~Nonpathogenic microbes are our friends~~
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Giardia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's crazy, I only had to shampoo my hair once...they were gone in one day! Of course, there were only four adults, so I must have caught them in time...I had them when I was six, too...it took a really long time to get rid of them! about a month! My mum told me a story once...she went to the bathroom in a big patch of what she didn't know was poison ivy...I think you get the picture...I sure hope the new microbes come out on august first...that would be cool! and it's in only five days...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-29-2006, 03:37 AM
kskerr's Avatar
kskerr kskerr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ames, IA/Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,167
Default

Poison ivy is the worst stuff ever, appendicitis was way better, stupid systemic poison ivy, doc had to up my meds but I think it might be working now, finally! Your poor Momma going to the bathroom in it !!!
__________________
~~Nonpathogenic microbes are our friends~~
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Giardia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

her poor butt, anyways...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-31-2006, 01:59 AM
Pollock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I love how we all turn to talking about other things like soap, poison ivy, and fish because they haven't made any new Microbes for us to fawn over.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Giardia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Precicely...they'll get annoyed that we're filling up their forum with random stuff and make them faster...at least, I wish
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.