Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Shark's Protein

Perhaps a termite? It could fit in with the critters (The louse, bed bug, dust mite, and bookworm)
Old 02-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Vireyda

After having pinkeye this week, I'd love to see whatever caused it....
Old 02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Shark's Protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
Mad cow is cool but not really a microbe, it is just a protein and all.... Still it must be added to my collection.
It was stated as a prion on Wikipedia.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:03 PM
297hakr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark's Protein
It was stated as a prion on Wikipedia.
Yeah, a prion is just a protein that is folded differently than would normally be found in the body. When it gets around correctly folded proteins, it causes them to change into the incorrectly folded version.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Doctor Johnny Fever

Not only have you got to release smallpox soon, but in major and minor variations. That would be righteous.

Also: unlikely, but I would like to have the nucleopolyhedrosis virus (NPV) as well. It's something to do with The Cobra Event, so I won't spoil anything for people who haven't read it.

If you haven't, you got to. It's an awesome read.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Doctor Johnny Fever

No! Forget that! Leprosy, malaria, and smallpox. *nod* I'd totally buy those.

I only bought Ebola so far. Picked it up in Toronto at the Ontario Sceience Centre. It's pretty cute. Thumbs up.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Pink eye can be viral, bacterial, or the result of an allergen, it is like a couch in that it is a symptom that can be caused by many things. Thanks for the laugh Shark, and the assist 297hakr, and yes a prion is a infectious protein that screws up a normal protein to put it not so elegantly. It can be either inheritated or contracted from eating contaminated food (usually brain or spinal tissue, yum yum), if you don't have the corresponding normal protein(either you are a mutant or the wrong species) then it will not infect you. Since they are infectious they get lumped into microbiology and people think they are microbes, I kinda think that that is stretching it a bit but thats just me. Ah a bioweapons section, that would be fun, good idea.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Giardia

Thumbs up Great Ideas!

I was thinking maybe bacterial menengitis (Meningococcal) or some different cells! I've already e-mailed the company about meningitis. Waiting for a reply! Way to go Abby on getting them to make a new microbe! I will definately be buying it!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Askor

I would like to see the H Pilorities (I think that is how it is spelled) bacteria.

Only because I got it and couldn't go to school for 2 months!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Giardia

Default Cells

I think I'd still like to see some cells. Red blood cells, white blood cells, and brain cells would be super cool!