Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Crazy4Microbes

Default petri dishes

did u guys see the new giant microbe petri dishes? the mini microbes are adorable!
Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Tuburculosis

I was about to make a thread about this in the New Microbes forum. They are so cute! I might buy a couple of baby colds. The Krill are cute too.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 AM

I just about passed out when I saw the newsletter, I adore them! I know what I'm asking for my birthday!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
mazuac

In all honesty, I think they are kind of... well, pointless. They are probably like, 1-3 inches long, which is VERY small~ Just my opinion though Sorry I havent been on in awhile!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Tuburculosis

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazuac
In all honesty, I think they are kind of... well, pointless. They are probably like, 1-3 inches long, which is VERY small~ Just my opinion though Sorry I haven't been on in awhile!
If you want to buy a microbe for you and a few for others, just buy a petri dish. and besides, they're cute! But now i have got to get every one of them, if not for the microbes for the dish itself. Giant microbes is taking my money!

Last edited by Tuburculosis; 02-09-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Masque of the Red Death

I received a dish of three rhinoviruses a couple days ago, and the general consensus is that they're even cuter than the regular-sized plush. They came a little squished inside the dish-- it's just slightly too small for them --but the filling and fabric are resilient enough that they puffed back into shape with a pinch in the right place.

The dish is made of a sturdy plastic, solid enough that I wouldn't ordinarily throw it away. Unfortunately, like I said, they don't sit all that well in the dish when the lid is on top, so the only way to use it as a display without looking goofy is to place the lid underneath the dish. This allows you to place the microbes in an adorably expectant position facing out of the dish; my friends and I can't agree whether they seem more like puppies at a pet store, or baby chicks about to start peeping

They're also just the right size that I can imagine loading them into a larger-barreled Nerf gun (one that shoots balls, not darts), and playing at "germ warfare"
Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM

I ordered the Ebola petri dish on Friday--I'll post rough measurements when it comes.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Sorry to double post, but I got the petri dish today--it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The mini Ebolas measure roughly 4 inches long.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
BlackDeathIsMyBestFriend

Wow. That's actually pretty much. Aren't Ebola the biggest though? I might get a Black Death petri dish. See my name and you'll know why xD Mine's named Bobo.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Tuburculosis

The common colds petri dishes sound cute. I might get one soon.