Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 PM

Yes, that and she would accuse me of being a dork or something...
Old 06-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Giardia

People will probably say that if you are running aroung their sleeping quarters, snapping pictures of microbes!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 AM

They are in the kitchen which is attached to her temp sleeping quaters/my living room
Old 06-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Giardia

I don't know why this came into my head, but it is an interesting story, so here goes...

Ok, so one easter quite awhile ago, I woke up at 12 to find my stuff, as kids generally do. Anyways, I found my easter basket (right next to my bed, obviously hidden under a blanket). I was a bit upset, because there wasn't much in there. I crawled back into bed and fell asleep. Awhile later, I woke up. It was still dark. I realized there was something in my arms. I looked, and a big chocolate egg the size of and ostrich egg was next to me on the bed, my arms wrapped around it! I thought maybe the "Easter Bunny," who I knew by then was my parents, had forgotten something and had come back and given it to me. What I didn't get, though, was why my arms were around it. I fell asleep again. The next morning, I awoke and ran out to the living room to get a better look at my treaures. I showed the egg and told how it had appeared mysteriously next to me on my bed. My brother emerged from his room, complaining that someone had opened his door and ransacked his basket. He then saw that I had an egg identical to the one i found next to me in my bed, and said that it wasn't fair that he didn't have one. He accused me of stealing it, and we got into a big fight. My mom finally took the egg and said it was my brother's. Later, she told me that it had been given to my brother, and couldn't understand how I had gotten it. There was only one explanation: I had sleepwalked! In my saddened state that there was little in my basket, I must have walked, opened the door, grabbed the egg, tipping my brother's basket over in the process, walked back out the door without shutting it, gotten back into bed, and awoke with the egg in my arms! It was really quite spooky...

I guess the thing about siblings and sleeping quarters triggered that memory...it's and interesting story, no?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 AM

Very interesting story! Now my question is why your mother did not get you both one. My mom was a pretty big on being fair, if one of us got something generally the other two either got one too or they would get something else that was the equivalent. This was usually a good thing, prevented us from fighting as much as we would have. Main uncool thing was when I reached a milestone and they got it too at the same time without having to "earn" it, like being able to go outside in the backyard without an adult... Only ones that I got to have and they had to wait for was ones that the partents had no control over, like starting school, not like they can enroll a 3 year old in kindergarten...
Old 06-23-2006, 01:24 AM

OK I know I posted this in another thread too but since it is the subject of this thread I thought I'd put it here too: http://www.deviantart.com/view/34394182/
Old 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Giardia

she did get us both one! I had an identical one to the one that was my brother's in my basket
Old 06-25-2006, 01:59 PM

Have you ever walked in your sleep before?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Giardia

That's the only time I've ever walked in my sleep
Old 06-27-2006, 11:23 AM

Chocolate is a pretty powerful motivation...