Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 PM
DocJD

Default Ooh, Erythrocytes

I think the RBC and WBC thing is a great idea, I certainly could have used them to help my classmates through histology. I wonder if they'd do a sickled RBC, I seem to be hearing of quite a few cases of sickle cell lately, and it'd be nice as an educational tool ... so much easier than trying to draw it out on a piece of paper.

I'm also rather curious as to what type of WBC they might release.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:07 AM

I'd guess macrophage.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Giardia

I'm hoping to have all the current ones before the new ones come out. I'm guessing they will come out sometime in June or July. Luckily, if things go according to plan, I will buy Polio this weekend, HIV, Hepatitis, and Dust Mite in may, and Bed bug, louse, and bookworm in june, therefore, beginning to collect the new ones in July (if they are out by then, that is). If they add more to the already existing categories (maladies, health, etc.), and I imagine they will, I will collect those ones first, just to finish off the already-started categories. Then, I will start on the new categories. Since they will probably do a new category for the cells, I'll do that one first. If it's the only new category, I'll still do it after re-completing the old categories. If you read this, I'm amazed, because it is long and pointless.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Crazy4Microbes

When I e-mailed giant microbes they said they were coming out with malaria, the some aquatic microbes then some for pets I wonder what they mean by that?

Execpt for the malaria part.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:03 PM

Either pet illnesses or pet toys I guess, could be a market for either but I would of course prefer the illnesses... Aquatic microbes and malaria, sweet!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:07 PM

Sounds like you have quite the plan Giardia! I will likely receive louse and maybe the soap dispenser in the next couple of weeks (my mommy asked what I didn't have...), that would complete my collection until they finally give us the new ones!!! They better put the cells in a different catagory if they come out with them, they are not microbes (not saying that I wouldn't think they are cool and that I wouldn't buy them since I would but as a purist they just aren't microbes)!!!! They should call it the "Cell Line" that would amuse me...
Old 04-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Giardia

Yes, quite amusing...well, alot of new ones are coming out...byebye allowence! It is good that some pet diseases are coming out...they're beginning to run out of human ones!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 AM

There are plenty of human diseases left, just that many look alike probably, they try to find ones that look different. I figure they can just get a pic that uses a different staining technique for some of them, that would intoduce some color diversity.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 AM

I want a probiotics line, forget the diseases focus on the friendly happy bacteria
Old 04-18-2006, 08:09 AM

I e-mailed them early last month and they said they were hoping to have the new designs out the first week of April, but that deadline has come and gone...so maybe soon?