Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 02-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Giardia

Default Where do you keep your microbes?

I keep mine with the health category lined up on my pillow, and the rest are beginning to line up on my headboard. Still thinking of what to do once I run out of room on my headboard . (I have eighteen, by the way).
Old 03-04-2006, 04:16 PM

Right now they are all in my home "office", I am debating what to do with them though. One idea is to hang them on the wall in the office (in a way that does not involve driving nails through them of course). The wall I am thinking of using has stupid paneling (I hate wood paneling on walls!) so it would be nice to cover it with something cool... It also faces me when I am at the computer so I could look up for inspiration when studying or writting a paper. I thought of the wall idea the other day, the more I think about it the more I like it.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 PM
GERMan

I am using them to decorate my rooms with my family and in my town of study.
In my dorm room, rhinovirus is Sentry of the Computer, and Sleeping Sickness is Grandmaster of the Bed.
At home, Flu is Master of all Sofa; Beer&Bread is Chief of Chair; and Sore Throat is Defender of the Desk.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
puffazoid

Thumbs up

i play with them every day, and sleep with them every night! i also keep them in a nice storage box under my bed.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 PM

Smile

I got ambitious and now all but three of mine are on the office wall, I used a needle and thread to make a loop to hang them with, it can be removed very easily if and when they are no longer wall ornaments. It looks really cool with them all up there surrounding pics of my family, very geeky cool! If I ever get a pic of it perhaps I'll post it.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Giardia

I'm running out of room on top of my headboard. Luckily, I have enough room to finish the professionals, so there will be no incomplete collections. I've decided to put the critters on by sliding the tags into the slots on my headboard (you won't get what I'm saying unless you check the photo of the headboard in the photos section) and turning them so that it looks like they are crawling on the face of it!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Crazy4Microbes

I sleep with my germs right next to my stomach and they usually stay in my bed but sometimes I take them out and play with them.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Giardia

I can't sleep with mine next to me...I'd roll over and crush them!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:00 AM

Yes I would also worry about crushing them, or having them fall behind the bed potentially in dust and or cob webs... I saw the pic, love the headboard thing Giardia!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Crazy4Microbes

Some times they fall out of the bed but that's about the worst that could happen to them. I sleep with millions of stuffed animals (and microbes) so I can't move that much let alone roll over and crush them. Thankfully, my bed is pressed agaist the wall, so it is pretty much impossible for my microbes to fall behind the bed. Anyway all the dust behind the bed will be good for the dust mite.