Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Pollock II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
Morphine is an opium derivative, I enjoyed that when I had my appendix out, kept me from feeling like I just had part of my gut removed... I'm all about regulation of drugs, both pharm and non-pharm! Pot should stay illegal. Be nice if tobacco were illegal, stinks up the place!
Hooray for vicodin! I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled 2 days before Christmas in 2003, and they pumped me full of drugs to keep me from feeling like someone was taking a crowbar to my jaws every 6 seconds.

The Christmas before that I had both of my feet operated on and I had vicodin for that too, and at one point I took a single dose (one pill) and I got sleepy and I forgot what time it was, thought I hadn't taken my vicodin yet, and I took another one! Oh man!! I was just sitting there like a vegetable staring at my bandaged feet and I could swear they were talking to me.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock II
Hooray for vicodin! I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled 2 days before Christmas in 2003, and they pumped me full of drugs to keep me from feeling like someone was taking a crowbar to my jaws every 6 seconds.

The Christmas before that I had both of my feet operated on and I had vicodin for that too, and at one point I took a single dose (one pill) and I got sleepy and I forgot what time it was, thought I hadn't taken my vicodin yet, and I took another one! Oh man!! I was just sitting there like a vegetable staring at my bandaged feet and I could swear they were talking to me.
Lol, glad that was not a total overdose! I was thrown in the kiddy ward since the adult wing was full so my room had puppies and kittens on the boarder, I just stared at them when I was awake (usually I fell asleep when the nurse put it in my IV). The elderly lady in the next room was either senile or was on something better than they had me on, she kept insisting she was in the wrong hospital saying she should be in the one we were in, the nurse spent a good 15 minuts or more trying to convince her she was there and think they finally gave her some more drugs so she would relax (she was quite upset and kept pulling out her catheter). So my hospital and the one a couple towns over were in the same group and used the same laundry service and so their clothing and linens were mixed up and I happen to have a gown that had the other name on it. So when the nurse came in to check on me I put on my best innocent concerned face and said I was supposed to be in the LaGrange hospital. The look of panic on that nurse's face was priceless, it was that "oh crap its contagious" look, she then got slightly suspicious and informed me I was in LaGrange, so I responded with "no look" and showed the other name on my gown, then I cracked up and she thought it was hilarious but just in case gave me some morphine !
Old 09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Pollock II

Classic! Always good to freak out a lady with a hypodermic syringe full of morphine!
Old 09-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Tuburculosis

marajuana.thats that m one.coca cola used cocane?!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Pollock II

Yep, where do you think they got the name? Granted it was very small amounts, but yes, they did use it because back then no one knew it was bad for you.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Tuburculosis

wow... i didnt know.wow
Old 09-15-2006, 08:46 PM

Then they found out it was bad but at first the government let them keep it as I recall since it was what made their product "unique", they worked their butts off to find a new addictive ingrediant (that is why they used the cocaine in the first place, to get people addicted to their soda), they found caffeine which was even better as I recall and it was actually a company secret for a number of years until somehow it got out and they all started using it. Caffeine can actually be dangerous, though there are conflicting studies where some show it having health benefits, think it is a matter of dose, small dose could be healthy but massive doses can and will kill you...
Old 09-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock II
Classic! Always good to freak out a lady with a hypodermic syringe full of morphine!
Yes, and get more morphine to shut me up, time for nighty night, here's your shot... If it weren't for my IV I would have been a total pin cushion by the end of that one, people would have thought I was a junky with all the track marks...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:17 PM
mazuac

whats morphine?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 PM

It is a rather strong pain killer, it has some dangerous side effects and can be addictive if taking a certain amount and for an extended period, I was on it a couple days after surgery with no ill effects. Some use it as a drug, it is a highly controlled substance.