Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
mazuac

opium, it's a drug.... it is bad
Old 09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Tuburculosis

alot of drugs are bad
Old 09-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Pollock II

Opium comes from poppy flowers. Lots of people back in the day (like waaaaay back in the day) were addicted to opium, including famous poet Edgar Allen Poe.

In the movie Wizard of Oz, the Wicked Witch of the West puts Dorthy and her friends to sleep in a field of poppies. Why do the make her sleep? OPIUM!

Yes, most narcotics and illegal substance like cocaine, opium, methamphetamines, marajuana are bad for you. Terribly bad. I have no tolerance for people who use/abuse these drugs.

On the other hand, pharmeseuticals such as over the counter or prescription drugs can be good. For example penicillin (even though I'm incredibly allergic) is incredibly helpful to those who can take it. What about sleeping medications and antibiotics and certain decongestants? Yes, they're basically drugs too. In fact, sometimes pharmacists are called drugists.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Tuburculosis

cocane!yuck!and that m one,
Old 09-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Pollock II

Coca Cola used to be made with cocaine in it. Seriously.

And cocaine used to be advertised as a pharmesutical, as did marajuana. Of course back in the day, when your infant was teething you'd rub brandy on their gums...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:53 PM

Morphine is an opium derivative, I enjoyed that when I had my appendix out, kept me from feeling like I just had part of my gut removed... I'm all about regulation of drugs, both pharm and non-pharm! Pot should stay illegal. Be nice if tobacco were illegal, stinks up the place!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Giardia

I agree...things that will slowly kill a person and bother the people around the addict (namely, cigarettes) should be illegal.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:56 AM
Pollock II

Funny you say that. I'm actually having a problem at school with the girl next door smoking in the bathroom she and I (and my roomie) share. She has no roommate because she shelled out $600 for a private room.

Smoking is illegal in ALL of the dorms here, and we've had to call someone on her twice now for smoking.