Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 06-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Pollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giardia
back on topic, did you see the pic of the giant stomach ache in the photo sharing?

Yes! Someone's grandmother made it! At first I thougt "Where did they get that!?" but then I saw the caption.

Someone has an awesome grandma!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Giardia

wasn't it their mother?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 PM

When I am less broke perhaps I will venture into Hobby Lobby and come out with fixings for some giantmicrobe macros to go along with my giantmicrobes minis !!!! I avoid Hobby Lobby generally since it is so easy for me to spend all my money there! Pretty sure it was the kid's grandma, awesome grandma! Maybe one of these days I'll get a sewing machine too, that would be cool...
Old 06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Giardia

I don't think we have hobby lobby in canada...at least, not in my province!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:09 AM

Hobby Lobby is a magical place of beauty and wonder as far as the eye can see... It is a craft/hobby chain, not sure where it started, they somewhat recently put one in my hometown and I fell in love with them, Michaels is the other big one in my region, though I don't recall seeing one in Ioway, they are in the Chicagoland area for sure, been around forever. Hobby Lobbies tend to be bigger and have a ton of awesome stuff, their prices are not too bad and they have 1/2 off sales somewhat regularly (over the years I have literally saved hundreds of dollars because of them... potentially approaching 1000!). I was so pleased when I visited Ioway for the first time and they were taking us somewhere in town and I saw there was one here!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Giardia

We have Michaels here! I LOVE that store! Although, i have to be careful when going there...lots of ideas pop into my head on how to spend money!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:10 AM

I think Hobby Lobby is a little better than Michael's, mostly because of the sales and the Hobby Lobbies tend to be bigger and therefore have more cool things for me to want to buy...
Old 07-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Giardia

I wish we had a hobby lobby...it sounds good!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 AM

A reason to come south and visit the states . That would be so funny, traveling all the way down here just to visit a craft store... Not sure where all they are, lots are popping up in the Chicagoland area, so you could use seeing the sears tower and eating real pizza as an excuse from coming... Then there is at least the one in Ioway, not sure why anyone would come to Ioway though, they are in Indiana too. I adore Indiana but that is because I have family there, not sure what they have to offer a tourist except Indy Speedway if you like car racing (boring).
Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Giardia

I hate car racing...the only places we usually visit in the states are Colorado (family) wisconsin (family) and we went to Hawaii once and Seattle twice, but we won't go back to hawaii for awhile because it's expensive, and no family lives there...same with California...