Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > Announcements > Welcome

Old 01-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Shark's Protein

Hey! I'm new too. I'm a huge fan of GIANTmicrobes- I ordered the 15 set!

Oh- and my username IS microbe related- check my sig!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
297hakr

Hey guys

I've been hooked on these fuzzy little bugs for over a year now. I'm a lab tech in the microbiology department at UTSW in Dallas, TX. We have many different giant microbes decorating our lab, but we work mainly with spirochetes (Lyme disease), so we each have a Pox bug at our desks.

I think that the perfect aditions to the Giant Microbes collection would be a Tick and B. burgdorferi, the Lyme disease spirochete.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:08 PM

Thumbs up

Those would be great, especially as a set 297hakr . I think spirochetes are so cool looking, don't work with them but they are cool !
Old 02-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Anghara

Hi all!

I am another big fan of these cute microbes. I had purchased 4 from Thinkgeek more than a year ago but the customs fees were a pain... It has been a GREAT idea to have distributors in the EU, now I have 8 germs on my desk and have ordered 6 more!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Giardia

Talking Hi

Hi, I just joined two days ago! That was February 25th/06, by the way! I'm really glad I found out about this forum site! No one else I know shares the exact same passion for plush germs that I do, so it's nice to talk to others that do. I have eighteen microbes: Cold, ear ache, sore throat, flu, pimple, kissing disease, the pox, the clap, salmonella, E.coli, Ebola, beer and bread, ulcer, stomach ache, mad cow, athlete's foot, bad breath, and GIARDIA! Got the last eight in a big shipment the day before I joined this forum! Next will be cough, martian life, flesh eating, black death, and sleeping sickness.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:26 PM

Smile

Yes this forum is great for those of us that share that passion for plush microbes, I get all kinds of strange looks when I tell "normal" people about them! I was a bit surprised when one of the "normal" people is a fellow micro grad student, you'd think she'd think they were geeky cool like the rest of us microgeeks that like them! Not every scientific field gets its own plushes!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Crazy4Microbes

Default Hi everyone!

I just joined yesterday. I have 12 microbes. Dust mite, cough, ebola, mad cow, plaugue (i'm not sure how to spell it), flesh eating disease,(so cute with it's knife and fork), sleeping sickness, ear ache, cold, stomach ache, sore throat, and ulcer. I love them so so much! Actually, on March 21, we had a party 'cause it was my microbes birthday.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM

I will have to tell my friend about the party... perhaps she will not see me as being quite so nutty about these things then !
Old 06-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Pollock

I just joined this forum an hour or two ago, and I already feel at home. I started my collection earlier this year, but it's slowly growing. My mom thinks I'm nuts, because I'll call her after purchasing one, and I'll shout into the phone "MOM! Guess what? I got Mono!" or whichever one I happened to buy that day. Needless to say it took me a little while to calm her down after I bought HIV this afternoon.

Last edited by Pollock; 06-03-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:42 AM

That is hilarious, I enjoyed asking for TB for Christmas !