Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Pollock II

Actually, nowadays they're STIs "Sexual Transmitted Infections".

The two "Venerals" Giant Microbes are STDs.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock II
Actually, nowadays they're STIs "Sexual Transmitted Infections".

Never heard it referred to as STI, STD sounds better I think... Who knows if that one will catch on, te he catch...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Tuburculosis

Quote:
yes,venerals are the V in VD and the name of a GM catagory.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Pollock II

Man, I am so upset. I e-mailed my teacher to tell him I wasn't in class yesterday morning, and I told him I was going to stop by his office during his office hours so pick up a copy of the homework and to ask which part of the slide show we covered in class. He never responded!

Then I go to his office anyway, and he had a note that said he would be back in a little while. Well the time he was supposed to be back was the time I was supposed to be in a class, so I left him a note on his board that said I would be in class till 6PM and unable to come and get the homework. I left my e-mail address and a request to e-mail me the assignment so I could print it out and not get penalized for not having it.

I *still* have not received an e-mail from him, and that homework is due at 9:00AM tomorrow. I'm going to have a 0 for a homework grade because he couldn't do me the courtesy of e-mailing me.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Tuburculosis

wow,sorry.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Man, I am so upset. I e-mailed my teacher to tell him I wasn't in class yesterday morning, and I told him I was going to stop by his office during his office hours so pick up a copy of the homework and to ask which part of the slide show we covered in class. He never responded!

Then I go to his office anyway, and he had a note that said he would be back in a little while. Well the time he was supposed to be back was the time I was supposed to be in a class, so I left him a note on his board that said I would be in class till 6PM and unable to come and get the homework. I left my e-mail address and a request to e-mail me the assignment so I could print it out and not get penalized for not having it.

I *still* have not received an e-mail from him, and that homework is due at 9:00AM tomorrow. I'm going to have a 0 for a homework grade because he couldn't do me the courtesy of e-mailing me.
Do you know anyone in the class you could get it from? Some profs will make an exception in cases like that, I know mine did for someone who he kept forgetting to send the assignment to.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Pollock II

It was due today, and I told him I left notes and that I e-mailed him, and he gave me the assignment today. He is going to be giving back all of our homework on Friday, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:26 PM

Oh good, glad he gave you an extension!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Pollock II

Technically not an extension, but our test is on Monday, so he's giving us back our papers to study. This is just ones I don't have to worry about him losing or not handing back.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM

Monday exams stink, though if it means that the exam is graded by friday it is not so bad. Hate waiting to find out, still do not know about food micro, though I likely did fine. Ick I have a stupid lab meeting tomorrow morning, don't have time for it especially since it is likely a lot about the undergrads' project which I have nothing to do with.