Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Pollock II

Default Non-Microbe Thread

Ok people, in order to prevent the further clogging of legitimate Giant Microbes threads, this thread has been created for all our Non-Microbe conversations. If you want to talk about the weather where you are, do so here; if you want to talk about your favorite foods, do so here. If you want to talk about monkeys in purple capes singing "She's a Grand Ol' Flag", by all means, discuss in this thread!

However, this thread (like all the others) should not be home to pointless posts. So no strings of punctuation, emoticons, etc. Also, let's keep the profanity to PG and below, since there are users under the age of 13 on this website.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Tuburculosis

Talking

any way,purple monkey capes singing forien anthems is a bit,well,like somthing you would smash the computer to peices in other threads,so,umm,yea.

Last edited by Tuburculosis; 02-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 PM

The weather, ok, it is too cold! Yesterday was about 80 and gorgeous, today is pretty but too cold for my liking (under 65, which should be the low not the high). All this bollocks about global warming and it is the same stupid weather we always have, too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. Speculating what will happen in 1000 years based on weather models that cannot even predict what will happen next month is just ridiculous... I'll tell you what will happen next month, it will get even colder and I will be even more miserable, this will be the trend until March when it will still be too cold but not as cold, April starts to approach decent usually, May is often nice, June July and August I can generally live with and then September is hit or miss, usually October-mid to late April are the bad times. If I were a bacterium I would be a mesophile or thermophile I think (likes it warm to hot).
Old 09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Tuburculosis

yes,its cold here.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Pollock II

I'm on my way to the bookstore to pick up a book called "My Pet Virus".

I'll tell you about it more when I get back... or for the impatient types:

www.amazon.com
Old 09-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Tuburculosis

my pet virus?!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Pollock II

They didn't have it, so I ordered it.

It's the memoirs of a man with hemophilia. He talks about how it affected his childhood and adolescence. He also talks about how he contracted HIV from a blood transfusion. The cool part is, he wrote the book in a humerous way. He's able to look at these situations and laugh at them and joke around.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Tuburculosis

yes,i took a look.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock II
They didn't have it, so I ordered it.

It's the memoirs of a man with hemophilia. He talks about how it affected his childhood and adolescence. He also talks about how he contracted HIV from a blood transfusion. The cool part is, he wrote the book in a humerous way. He's able to look at these situations and laugh at them and joke around.
I think it would be difficult to find much humor in getting HIV, sounds like an interesting individual and book.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Pollock II

His parents named him Sean Thomas Decker, and he jokes about being an "STD"...