Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-17-2006, 08:29 PM
mazuac

Default If You Could Create A Disease...

If you could create a disease what would it be called, how would it be transfered? what would it do? is it deadlly? how was it made? i think this could be a really cool thread hearing about everyone's imagination and creativity on microbes and disease this is an idealistic thread, so plz give criticsm on it and other peoples ideas but this is idealistiic, so i doesn;t have to be based off the actual stuff...

Last edited by mazuac; 09-17-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
mazuac

Default My Disease...

My Disease would be called Spinelcoagulotant (spin-ell-coag-u-low-tent) Virus.

The Virus Mutates a red blood cell forming large spines on it (hence the term Spine-l) when other blood cells hit the spines they get infected. After the infection has started, the red blood cell coagulates inside the body, stiking to the side of the vein. pruducing poisin that will spread to the skin to infect more people the red blood cell will then, rip open, producing even more of offspring of the diesease, leading to other cells sticking to walls. after the "offspring" have come out, the old cell dies and leaves a small hole in the vein. eventually, after enough of the cells have punctured and ripped open enough wholes in the wall, internal bleeding will occur. eventually, the cells will and can rupture the heart brain etc. but i will not l=get into that. eventually the bleeding will spread through the entire body, and you will die... the disease will kill you in about 48 hours after the 1st blood cell has been infected. You must be treated within the 1st 12 hours to have a 50% chance of survival

this is just my draft of my disease, but i like it! can't wait to here from other people!

Last edited by mazuac; 09-17-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Sounds like an awful way to go...

I am devoting my life to beneficial bacteria... I do find some pathogens interesting, like botulism, never really thought about inventing one considering how many there are now. Perhaps it would be a fecal-oral disease like E. coli and several others because it is fun to say fecal-oral and grosses people out given what it means...
Old 09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
mazuac

lol, plz post whatever you want, good or bad on this thread! i don;t care if it is a microbe that helps blind people see 28/20 vision i just put on i was thinking of up i wil have mroe to come
Old 09-17-2006, 09:10 PM

It wouldn't be a disease if it helped people...
Old 09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Pollock II

There was a bogus article on April Fool's Day this year about a disease that reanimated cells and, basically, creates zombies.

I'd want to do something like that.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 AM
mazuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
It wouldn't be a disease if it helped people...
No, but it could be a microbe
Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazuac
No, but it could be a microbe

But silly you titled the thread, "If You Could Create a Disease..."
Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 PM

Here is a disease I want created for real. Poison Ivy Necrotic Virus (or any name/kind) that infects and kills poison ivy and other urushiol producing plants. Also a bacteria, spore former, that will use urushiol as its primary carbon source (in other words eats it), Bacillus urushiolis. The reason I want a spore former is in case the plant comes back, the bacteria would be dormant waiting for it, the virus would likely have to be reintroduced, but if the bacteria does a good job getting rid of the oil then the plant should either be harmless or not as poisonous (I still want them erradicated).

Urushiol is the oil produced by poison ivy, oak, and sumac that causes the allergic reaction. http://www.poison-ivy.org/
Old 09-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Tuburculosis

eclotorous itoheptis.this is a deadlly virus.it causes extreme abounts of mucas,much like pnomonia.it builds,up in your lungs,and ,wait.sorry got to go.illl continue this some other toime.