Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Isamu966

Question Baby safe?

I just loved the Giant Microbes idea and thought it would be funny to give as a gift to some expecting relatives who are expecting.

Well, the question is are the dolls safe for babies/small children?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Shark's Protein

I guess, but the informative tags should be removed to avoid hazards.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Giardia

Yeah, it says the tags should be removed when giving to a child under 3 years of age, so they should be safe if you lose the tags
Old 03-26-2006, 01:35 AM

The tag on AIDS says, not recommended for children under 3. They have eyes, most stuffed things that have them are not, though some are, considered baby safe. I have a neice under 3 and we have never had any issues giving her stuffed animals not recommended for her age, she never tries to pull the eyes out and eat them, I'd be quite concerned if she started...
Old 04-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Giardia

Actually, It says that on all of them. Probably the eyes. But, i think sleeping sickness would be safe, because the eyes are embroidered, not plastic.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM

I think that even the potentially safe ones are going to say the not recommended bit, I think there is a testing process that is required to get labeled as safe for an infant and it likely costs money, plus there is the liability thing just in case something does happen. Anyway who would want to give a microbe to someone that is just going to get it messy and ruined (I love kids but know how destructive they can be).
Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Giardia

No kidding. Think of the drool! Poor microbes. If you think you can handle it, you should go to the picture sharing thing and view the microbe sam picture. Poor Ulcer! Oh, while you're there, look at my pics that I took of my microbes, they're good .
Old 04-18-2006, 01:47 AM

OK I didn't realise anyone was using that photoshare thing, there are some great pics on it, I loved the ones you posted Giardia! Sam is a total cutie but I still wouldn't let him touch my microbes, that is what cheap teddy bears are for (I have a young niece, I know).
Old 04-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Crazy4Microbes

Well my 1 year old cousin Ari loves my microbes. She takes them and snuggles with them and they always come back in perfect condition. She can't really eat them 'cause she has sort of a small mouth....anyway she's not really the drooling type.My 2 year old cousin Elijah loves them too. I had alot of trouble getting them back so I promised I would buy some for them.

Last edited by Crazy4Microbes; 04-22-2006 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Giardia

I don't like little kids touching my stuff. It's always stressful when they're picking stuff up and throwing it on the floor!