Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-10-2006, 02:34 PM

Except for the part about the pizza since I despised them cooked on anything and everything I was like that for 21 years, then all of a sudden I liked them cooked. My mom is thrilled since before she had to either make them on the side for people to add or listen to me complain about having to pick them out of whatever and throw a fit when I accidentally bit one (was being a drama queen to annoy her in attempt to have them on the side the next time).
Old 09-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Tuburculosis

Wink

bad mushroom,MUSHroom
Old 09-10-2006, 03:25 PM

I'm addicted to them now, especially portabella, that kind rocks. Botton (the white ones most people use) are not as good and have a rubbery texture, though I will still eat them. I've somewhat converted my mother to the porties, though they don't cook quite the same so it is taking her some getting used to. I just will not eat the canned ones, those are nasty, possibly a big reason why I did not like cooked mushrooms since my mom tended to use those most since they are cheap and only get fresh if it was special or they were on sale.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Pollock

I love Gouda cheese, and Edam. Of course, being from Texas I have a soft spot for cheddar, but it has to be sharp cheddar.

I love vanilla, coffee, and peach yogurt, especially if it's the whipped yogurt. Mmmmmmm.

I am in love with mushrooms! I eat them raw, sauteed, on pizza, in omlettes, and cooked into things. I even love stuffed mushroom caps! (I have a great recipe for them.)
Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Tuburculosis

No Chedder!plz try again in 1 second...
Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM

I have discovered sharp cheddar can be good, though not hoffman's, that brand makes awful cheddar! What do you stuff the caps with? I love to saute them and often turn it into gravy to throw on top of meat and or noodles. Also discovered grilling them, with a good steak <drool>! I tried making tuna melts with portie caps once, it did not work too well since they had too much moisture so it was a bit of a mess, but then I started with raw caps, I think if I threw them in a pan and cooked them first then topped them it would be very good.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:21 AM

Cheddar is very yummy, as are most cheeses I eat, in twice (aka double) baked potatoes. My mom made them quite a few years ago since we had company (something that was very rare) and I fell in love with them and made her teach me how to make them. I don't like baked potatoes but adore double baked! Sometimes I convert mashed potatoes into them.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Tuburculosis

yum,i love baked potatos
Old 09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Pollock II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
I have discovered sharp cheddar can be good, though not hoffman's, that brand makes awful cheddar! What do you stuff the caps with? I love to saute them and often turn it into gravy to throw on top of meat and or noodles. Also discovered grilling them, with a good steak <drool>! I tried making tuna melts with portie caps once, it did not work too well since they had too much moisture so it was a bit of a mess, but then I started with raw caps, I think if I threw them in a pan and cooked them first then topped them it would be very good.

I usually do it the easy way and fill 'em with somthing like turkey stuffing or I make my own seasoned croutons and stick 'em in there. I love to grill mushrooms because then you don't get drippy funny smelling mushies, but flavorful mushies with an even texture. <3 (I call mushrooms mushies for short).

I have a great (and incredibly simple) recipe for croutons, if you'd like me to share it.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Pollock II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
Cheddar is very yummy, as are most cheeses I eat, in twice (aka double) baked potatoes. My mom made them quite a few years ago since we had company (something that was very rare) and I fell in love with them and made her teach me how to make them. I don't like baked potatoes but adore double baked! Sometimes I convert mashed potatoes into them.

Twice baked are the way to go! More flavor and a smoother texture.