Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Pollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
What a freak, more bacteria are good than bad!!! She likely doesn't know that yogurt is made with bacteria and if it is truely yogurt it is supposed to contain live and active cultures!!!

I love yogurt! And I actually do know people who won't eat it because it's a live culture. I keep trying to tell them that it's good for them, but they say that it's disgusting to eat bacteria.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM

Tell them not to eat salad, fruit, vegetables, meat unless it is cooked pretty much literally to a crisp, ect. They should also not drink water, even boiled water, or milk or pretty much anything. Even if they had a sterile food sorce, which is unlikely since most foods can have something in it, may not be growing but is there, there are still bacteria on their dishes (even "clean" ones). Even the washed ready to eat salad has a ton of bugs on it, in the 1-10 million range as I recall from a lab I did as an undergrad, and they are not healthy bugs like those found in yogurt, some of them are potential pathogens (very unlikely to make you sick kind so don't get all paranoid). Bacteria are everywhere, can't avoid them, people are just more aware of them than they used to be and that freaks them out, I find it amusing but at the same time am concerned with the lack of education of the general public and the irresponsable actions of the media, they sensationalise these studies that are often not even conducted right and even the ones that are they do not give any perspective, just scare the crap out of microphobic public and make my kind's job harder !
Old 09-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Oh and it is pretty much impossible to get all the bacteria off the salad and such, rather pointless too!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Tuburculosis

Lightbulb

salad yum!

i wash of fruits,but i would eat them anyway if i didnt have water,i dont see why pseople make such a ~~~~~~ ~~HUGE~~ ~~~~~~ fuss about it...
Old 09-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Pollock

I tried to explain that to them, but they're sort of close-minded, so I gave up and went back to eating my delicious yogurt. Mmmm.... Hooray for delicious bacteria!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM

I don't actually like yogurt really, I try to force myself to eat it a bit since I know it is so good for me. I got 34 bottles of yogurt smoothie today, they are for my research and not consumption thankfully!

I have the magic bullet and so am thinking about trying to make fruit smoothie things with yogurt, drown out the yogurt flavor with fruit or something and then I can eat it !
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Tuburculosis

Exclamation

i hate yogurt ,but not because of germs.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Tuburculosis

Wink

acctually,its entirly about that it is a close relitive to che*se .yuck,c*eese!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Giardia

I LOVE CHEESE! I only like lemon yogurt.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Tuburculosis

Talking

chee*e is a bad word!thats how horrable Ch**eseyness is!