Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 PM

I suppose people use them for different things personally, like I have a financial spread sheet to keep track of how incredibly broke I am, I have expenses that I know the ballpark but not the exact amount of in italitics to signify it is an estimate. Someone could use italics when going through an electronic copy of a document and italise the misspelled words I suppose. I think another common one is puting <sp> or <sp?> next to it, I have seen that. I think my mom puts words in red when they are misspelled and she is correcting for a friend, I never have her go through mine since I write them the night before (not a good idea) and let spell checker do that for me and hope it catches everything...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Tuburculosis

Angry

who is deleting all my posts!?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuburculosis
who is deleting all my posts!?
I would say either a glitch or the admin, many of your old posts should be deleted...
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Tuburculosis

no admin or mod has bin on
Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Pollock II

Some admins hide their status so no ones knows they're on. That's what I do sometimes on the board that my boyfriend and I run. That way you can catch spammers in the act and they never see it coming because they don't know you're on.

I don't think we have mods on this board just yet. I did suggest to Dan (the admin) that he appoint some.

I would also agree with Kskerr on the last comment as well. Notice she said "old posts" so don't go throwing a fit about how you've improved, because yes you have. I would also like to cite what was mentioned waaaaaay back in some old post or another that it is the quality on an individual's posts NOT the quantity. On my boyfriend's board, posting for the sake of increasing your post count is spamming, and your account would be deleted on the spot and not an eyelash would be batted.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuburculosis
no admin or mod has bin on
Unless you can check their past history I am not sure how you would know they have not been on, I only know who is on and not when I look at the screen when I am on, people of course can be on when I am not...