Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > Announcements > New GIANTmicrobes!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:21 AM
RED TIDE

Exclamation

Cancer! I think a big one would be Cancer, I believe everyone will enjoy this one!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
NPK

Do you mean a cancer cell?
If so, what kind and what would it look like?
Do any types of cancer cells have characteristic appearances?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
RED TIDE

Post A Cancer cell

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...cer+cell&gbv=2 for thoes of you who would like to see details of what it would look like... The cell mostly takes form of a spherical shape. But if in the brain it looks much much different than a sphere.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
sceptor

......it would look like an octopus.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:36 AM
RED TIDE

Talking Octopus!

Hahahahahaha! You made me laugh so much! Yes your very right, it would look like an octopus! Nice way of seeing it! Lol!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:06 PM
BlackDeathIsMyBestFriend

Oh yeah! That'd be really cool, but I don't think GM would make something so controversial at the time. I mean, it could be extremely emotional for someone to have a plushy mocking they're friends or families serious diseases. :l

Wow that sounded extremely poetic for a thirteen year old xD
Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 PM

I don't think it would be all that controversial to make cancer cells, I think the issue is more that there are many kinds of cancer cells and not just one. The GiantMicrobes tend to be educational in nature, making the STD's is just as controversial as making cancer cells, but the STD's are individual organisms and therefore one shape fits one disease. From a purist standpoint cancer cells are not microbes, they are human body cells that have mutated and are growing out of control, I want them to stick with making microbes and not make more human cells. Someone who has or had cancer posted that they would be amused by a cancer cell GiantMicrobe, kind of looking the enemy in the eye type thing, but everyone would be different. I doubt my Bubbie who has cancer would appreciate it but there are those who would like it.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:51 PM

Cool

To me it reminds me of a CIRCLE WITH FEET!!!

FAT CELL
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr View Post
I don't think it would be all that controversial to make cancer cells, I think the issue is more that there are many kinds of cancer cells and not just one. The GiantMicrobes tend to be educational in nature, making the STD's is just as controversial as making cancer cells, but the STD's are individual organisms and therefore one shape fits one disease. From a purist standpoint cancer cells are not microbes, they are human body cells that have mutated and are growing out of control, I want them to stick with making microbes and not make more human cells. Someone who has or had cancer posted that they would be amused by a cancer cell GiantMicrobe, kind of looking the enemy in the eye type thing, but everyone would be different. I doubt my Bubbie who has cancer would appreciate it but there are those who would like it.
yeah and there hasn't been any controversy over the STDs so make a cancer cell!

flesh eating
(..)
(l l)
sea sparkle
(..)
.(l
anthrax
(._.)
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Default now i know

i just figured out why there isnt a cancer cell microbe yet because there are so many different types of cancer and each one has a different ribbon color it would just look like a huge clump of ribbons!!!

flesh eating
(..)
(l l)
sea sparkle
(..)
.(l
anthrax
(._.)