Giantmicrobes Forum  

Go Back   Giantmicrobes Forum > General Discussion > The Microbes

Old 09-12-2006, 06:26 PM
mazuac

Default A Million Tiny Microbes

Hello, i am going to write a story called "A Million Tiny Microbes" an informative childrens book... I may be only 12, but i must pursue my dreams!

if you want your microbes to be in it, let me know! email me at mazuac@aim.com or just say it on the forum. also, i don't know how to post on the forums soooo yeah... okay!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
mazuac

Default here's a summary...

In the body of gregor, an unsettling Microbe has apeared....
This microbe is so powerful, that it wants to enslave gregors body, including all the fellow microbes that have tried oh so hard to sicken Gregor...

The Immune cells and Microbes and blood cells and even the white blood cells band together and form the TMA (tiny microbes alliance) and rebel against this unknown invader. But will the win???

DUM DUM DUMMMM!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:27 PM

"...including all the fellow microbes that have tried oh so hard to sicken Gregor."

Alex sweetie most of the bacteria in the body are beneficial and if you did not have them you would be dead... They protect against pathogens (the minority of bacteria that cause illness), strengthen the immune system, aid in digestion, and produce useful products for us, such as vitamins. All of my research organisms are probiotics, or bacteria that when consumed in high enough numbers give health benefits. Most bacteria just are, they are neither good nor bad. Cute idea for a book but a more balanced approach would be better, the general public is already misinformed and scared as it is, best to introduce them to reality. If I ever have enough money I'd love to start an education program to teach the truth about bacteria to children (adults have a hard time changing their beliefs). Perhaps your book could have some of the kinds of bacteria normally found in the gut joining your team of heros in fighting the invader...
Old 09-13-2006, 02:56 PM
mazuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskerr
"...including all the fellow microbes that have tried oh so hard to sicken Gregor."

Alex sweetie most of the bacteria in the body are beneficial and if you did not have them you would be dead... They protect against pathogens (the minority of bacteria that cause illness), strengthen the immune system, aid in digestion, and produce useful products for us, such as vitamins. All of my research organisms are probiotics, or bacteria that when consumed in high enough numbers give health benefits. Most bacteria just are, they are neither good nor bad. Cute idea for a book but a more balanced approach would be better, the general public is already misinformed and scared as it is, best to introduce them to reality. If I ever have enough money I'd love to start an education program to teach the truth about bacteria to children (adults have a hard time changing their beliefs). Perhaps your book could have some of the kinds of bacteria normally found in the gut joining your team of heros in fighting the invader...
yes, good point, perhaps studying a little before i write the book might be a ood idea also, Kskerr, i am a guy
Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Tuburculosis

Talking

i though of that YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ago.
never finished it,it was a baby book.

Baby flu,finds a clue!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
mazuac

LOL, i like that! hilarious! lol
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazuac
perhaps studying a little before i write the book might be a ood idea also, Kskerr, i am a guy
Studying ahead is always a good idea, good to learn that now before you learn the hard way later in life !

I had already decided you were a boy, I was not implying that you were not, was trying not to sound mean with my critical comment on your idea...
Old 09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Pollock II

Creative criticism is good criticism.