Originally Posted by myco monster
i know what you are talking about when you say you are getting a radioactive watch. back in the 50s or 60s(i cant remember wich one) they would paint glow in the dark watches with radioactive paint. if it gives off alpha particles you dont have to worry about anything as long as the glass is still intact. the bad news was they would put the paintbrushes in their mouths to get them to work better or somthing like that. real good way of getting colen cancer.
i have heard that some peopleswallowed
the radioactive buttons inside of smoke detectors and have had no ill effects!!
(but I wouldn't try it there may be a protective sheild of gold over the radioactive and toxic Am (americium) but alpha particles (helium atoms) still escape