Giantmicrobes Forum

Giantmicrobes Forum (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/forum/index.php)
-   New GIANTmicrobes! (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tetanus, Bird flu and Anthrax (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8690)

M. Tuberculosis 05-04-2008 02:10 AM

Hi I wish they would make Tetanus, Bird flu and Anthrax. I have been wondering why they haven't made them already.

kskerr 05-27-2008 01:52 AM

They already have the flu, bird flu is just a strain of it that is more infectious in birds. Tetnus and anthrax would be great additions, though they might not want to make anthrax given its reputation as a biowarfare bug.

banzee 06-20-2008 11:17 PM

clostridium tetani is sweet :p
it's deformed by its sporum, really beautiful on microscope, i think it would be nice like a plush

FluffyBugs 08-22-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskerr
They already have the flu, bird flu is just a strain of it that is more infectious in birds. Tetnus and anthrax would be great additions, though they might not want to make anthrax given its reputation as a biowarfare bug.

For birdflu you could have the same flu microbe, but with wings on it? I don't know if people would get it though, unless it had H5N1 written on the front LOL

FluffyBugs
x

mazuac 08-23-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FluffyBugs
For birdflu you could have the same flu microbe, but with wings on it? I don't know if people would get it though, unless it had H5N1 written on the front LOL

FluffyBugs
x

Eh, people are pretty stupid... My cousin contracted MRSA this year, and when I would tell people, this is what they would say...

"MRSA? What is that? Like, some disease?"

I know, I was astounded to... XD

supergerm 08-23-2008 08:44 PM

my sister had mrsa a couple years ago and I didn't know that until a couple weeks ago:confused:

mazuac 08-23-2008 09:47 PM

Oh XD But don't you remember the huge MRSA scare in the schools at like... the early school year, this year? MRSA was going around and it almost turned into like, a panic? School had to be shut down and TOTALLY cleaned out because of the MRSA~!

supergerm 08-24-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazuac
Oh XD But don't you remember the huge MRSA scare in the schools at like... the early school year, this year? MRSA was going around and it almost turned into like, a panic? School had to be shut down and TOTALLY cleaned out because of the MRSA~!

I didnt know that none of the schools in my area had that:confused:

mazuac 08-24-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergerm
I didnt know that none of the schools in my area had that:confused:

Oh, wow! O: It was also all over the news and everything XD And oh! A school right next to where I went had to be "sanitized" after a few kids contracted the strain~

kskerr 11-03-2008 02:41 PM

I do not expect the general public to know much about microbiology besides what little information they get from the sensationalized version the media gives. It does not necessarily mean they are stupid or anything like that, it is just not their area, I do not know a lot about other fields so why should others know about mine? I do try to impart a little education if and when the situation calls for it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.