Giantmicrobes Forum

Giantmicrobes Forum (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Microbes (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   anyone sick? (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35)

puffazoid 03-28-2006 05:44 PM

anyone sick?

OK, this is going to sound really stupid but has anyone who has had the plush toy of mad cow (and others...) ever gotten the illness?:confused:

kskerr 03-28-2006 07:04 PM

I've had strep, colds, maybe the flu, and have nonpathogenic E. coli in my gut. My doc thought I had mono but my blood test proved him wrong. The question is only stupid if one is suggesting they got the illness from the plush otherwise it fits into this forum rather well ;).

Giardia 04-03-2006 11:29 PM

UUGH! I had the flu two years ago. First, my stomach hurt from hunger, and when I ate my stomach hurt from the need to throw up! The flu is lucky that it is so cute as a Giant Microbe, or I'd give it a peice of my mind:D .

Efogoto 04-04-2006 02:54 PM

Got the bug

I used to get athlete's foot on a regular basis, but those days are long behind me. I worked with a guy that had had a bout with polio as a child in the early fifties; it left him with certain physical debilities and I'm happy that one never got hold of me. In fact, there are many of these that I'm happy never to have had. :)

kskerr 04-04-2006 08:27 PM

One of my undergrad profs had polio, she was great. I did not realise how recent it was an issue until I saw a video and they showed this woman that is still in an iron lung since getting it as a kid, that has to be horrible! My dad remembers a friend of his getting it and his mom not letting him even talk to the kid on the phone because she was scared he'd get it, those were scary times, thank goodness for Salk and Sabin!!!

Vireyda 04-11-2006 08:59 AM

I've probably had most of the health microbes (Common cold, flu, stomach ache, sore throat, cough, and especially ear ache - I had those all the time when I was younger). And who hasn't had pimple? But I haven't had anything more serious than those.

Giardia 04-11-2006 11:05 PM

yeah, I've had all the health. I've also had pimple, and I caught Giardia last year at summer camp. That really sucked. I had to lie in the medical office while everyone else went swimming and hiking:( . But, now that it's gone, It makes a good story:rolleyes: . Although, I had to use outhouses, If you know what I mean;)

Stx-2 04-12-2006 10:08 PM

Good thing Giardia isn't passed out through the feces or else other kids who used the outhouse might not have liked you...oh wait...good thing kids at summer camp have such great hygiene! haha

kskerr 04-12-2006 11:24 PM

I've had pimple but currently don't have it, unless it is in the mail, my sibling told me she ordered me a microbe and it was being shipped fedex, so far they have not delivered. I hope they will just leave it at my door when it gets here, I am not home much during the day so if I need to sign for it I'm screwed.

Giardia 04-13-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stx-2
Good thing Giardia isn't passed out through the feces or else other kids who used the outhouse might not have liked you...oh wait...good thing kids at summer camp have such great hygiene! haha

That's not funny:p . It's not our fault they only let us take one shower a week! I don't like that camp (the one I don't like is where I caught Giardia). At the other camp that I really like (never caught Giardia there...), you can take as many showers as you like...in fact, they encourage it!