PDA

View Full Version : "Early" 2006 is officially over.

Shark's Protein
07-01-2006, 12:54 AM
What happened to the soap? It's still not there. Was it cancelled? :confused:

Giardia
07-01-2006, 07:36 PM
the new microbes were supposed to be early 2006 as well, but they're really late! I hope they come soon

Pollock
07-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm trying my hardest to be patient...

Giardia
07-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I wish the comapny would hurry up...they're really disappointing their customers!

Pollock
07-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I still have yet to complete my collection of the microbes that are out now, but I'm still incredibly anxious to see the new ones.

Abby
07-03-2006, 03:39 AM
This is the reply I got...

"Thanks for the email.
We are actually planning to introduce some more GIANTmicrobes into the collection this summer! Keep your eyes open for them.
The new arrival will include Red Blood Cell, Malaria, and Algae!"

Woo!

Abby
:D

Giardia
07-03-2006, 12:25 PM
OH BOY! RED BLOOD CELL! I was one of the people that suggested that...hmmmm, algae, maybe i'll keep that one next to the fish tank...you know, to humor my plecco...Malaria, that sounds good!:D :D :D :D

Pollock
07-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Malaria! Perfect summer edition, considering all the mosquitoes that are out.

Giardia
07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes, it would be fun to take to camp...get everyone afraid of the skeeters!

kskerr
07-05-2006, 02:58 AM
I do not want the stupid soap anyway, it is supposed to be a stupid antimicrobial one, awful! I hope the new bugs come out soon!!!

Giardia
07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
yeah, i'd rather just use non-microbial soaps...fill the dispenser with that, or nothing!

kskerr
07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
That is the rule in my apartment!

Giardia
07-18-2006, 09:11 PM
good call!

kskerr
07-19-2006, 02:47 AM
I should post a sign on my door...

Pollock
07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
My roomie and I each have our own soap dispenser, so that way we can't blame each other if it doesn't get filled.

...plus we both prefer different soap. I like Softsoap antibacterial which makes her hands very dry, and she enjoys their Milk & Honey kind, but I find it makes my hands feel too slippery.

kskerr
07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Mine technically has body wash in it, 2 reasons, 1: It is not antimicrobial, and 2: It was all I had at the time.

Pollock
07-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I sometimes keep my shampoo in old soap dispensers to make getting to it easier in the shower.

kskerr
07-22-2006, 12:59 PM
That sounds like a good idea, if I remember right Suave thinks so too, pretty sure I saw shampo with a pump top a couple weeks ago...

Pollock
07-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Some kids' shampoos do it.

Giardia
07-23-2006, 11:19 PM
speaking of shampoo, I had to go to the drugstore and ask for some de-lousing shampoo today...I'm pretty sure I got them from camp...It's been a lousy day.

kskerr
07-24-2006, 11:32 AM
What a lousy pun :p, poor Giardia, I got the buggers when I was in 5th grade, it took us over a month to get rid of them since my siblings and I passed them back and forth and they get into everything... I think I'd rather have lice than poison ivy right now, I hate poison ivy so much!

Pollock
07-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I remember when I got lice. It was miserable! I had to put all my stuffed animals in plastic bags (I had about 100) for a week or 2. I picked 'em up from sharing a hair comb with a friend of mine shortly after her brother got over lice. They forgot to clean the comb!!

I'm really allergic to poison ivy, and last summer, I got it all over my face. We tell the kids at camp what it looks like, and show them, but they never listen, so one kid touched it, then grabbed my hand (I'm assuming this is how it happened) and then I scratched my face... It looked like someone had hit my jaw with a chair my face was so puffy.

kskerr
07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Poison Ivy needs to be eradicated, it is the worst! I have it all over (legs, arms, face, neck) I have some swollen lymph nodes that hurt so I went to the doc, he put me on steroids, hope that does the trick!

I got lice from a friend of a friend or her cousin (who knows which), funny thing was her mother accused me of giving it to her daughter but my case was beginning stages and her daughter's was advanced (the nurse said so). All my stuff had to be washed or bagged for the 2 weeks I think it is, and I was made fun of for a few years (I was the only one in my grade to get it and was very unpopular to begin with plus it was a small school so everyone knew everyone), so glad I am in college and out of K-12! People here are sympathetic of my poison ivy, if I were still in grade school they'd be harrassing me. Funny, I am likely going to be the most educated of my class since I am getting a PhD.

Pollock
07-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Actually, birds and other animals eat poison ivy.

And kids are cruel. They're possibly the meanest things on earth; especially 13 year old girls.

kskerr
07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
They can find something else to eat, poison ivy needs to be eradicated!!! Kids can be awful but oh well such is like, taught me some valuable lessons growing up and made me strong. Plus the friends I had were great, not shallow backstabbers like the popular kids, so many times I'd hear one going on and on about someone they were supposed to be bestest friends with behind their back, me and mine never did that.

Giardia
07-28-2006, 11:33 PM
It's crazy, I only had to shampoo my hair once...they were gone in one day! Of course, there were only four adults, so I must have caught them in time...I had them when I was six, too...it took a really long time to get rid of them! about a month! My mum told me a story once...she went to the bathroom in a big patch of what she didn't know was poison ivy...I think you get the picture...I sure hope the new microbes come out on august first...that would be cool! and it's in only five days...

kskerr
07-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Poison ivy is the worst stuff ever, appendicitis was way better, stupid systemic poison ivy, doc had to up my meds but I think it might be working now, finally! Your poor Momma going to the bathroom in it :eek:!!!

Giardia
07-30-2006, 11:54 PM
her poor butt, anyways...

Pollock
07-31-2006, 01:59 AM
I love how we all turn to talking about other things like soap, poison ivy, and fish because they haven't made any new Microbes for us to fawn over.

Giardia
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Precicely...they'll get annoyed that we're filling up their forum with random stuff and make them faster...at least, I wish:D

Giardia
07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
I hope they come out tomorrow:D

kskerr
08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
I hope they come out period!!!!

Giardia
09-10-2006, 11:17 AM
AAAAAGH! I can't wait until november! and once we get there, they'll just put them off some more...

Pollock II
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
AAAAAGH! I can't wait until november! and once we get there, they'll just put them off some more...

Just in time for Christmas shopping!!

Giardia
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
We start studying cells in science next week! I already know lots, so i should do well...but there's always more to learn!

Pollock II
09-15-2006, 01:38 AM
We start studying cells in science next week! I already know lots, so i should do well...but there's always more to learn!

I have some awesome cell diagrams that we had to do in my lecture class. I could scan them and send them to you if you want. They're all color coded and everything! Even in college we're required to color...

kskerr
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM

I had an entire 300 level biology course devoted entirely to the cell and we did not even cover it all! You should see the size of the textbook for that one! I should take a ruler to it and see how big it is... Diagrams rock!

Pollock II
09-15-2006, 02:36 PM
You think they'd start making text books smaller, so instead of having 20 chapters to go through in a semster, you only have 10, and then you take another class for the other 10, and you don't have to get another book. Plus it allows for more time going in depth on each chapter.

Tuburculosis
09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
i would just like to tell you,i told my whole class about giant microbes today!

kskerr
09-15-2006, 07:59 PM
You think they'd start making text books smaller, so instead of having 20 chapters to go through in a semster, you only have 10, and then you take another class for the other 10, and you don't have to get another book. Plus it allows for more time going in depth on each chapter.

I'd only see it for a way of getting more publications for the authors and so they could sell more books. Pretty much none of my classes, especially now that I am grad and most of my classes do not even use them at all, go through the whole text. I had several as an undergrad that had a book that you went though part one sem and another the next, still rare to do the whole thing. Pretty much all my science texts were not used much when I took the course but are very valuable now as reference texts. The cell bio monster text we of course did not cover all, it is one of the top books in that field, it is used in med school too.

kskerr
09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
i would just like to tell you,i told my whole class about giant microbes today!

Spreading the love is always good.

mazuac
09-17-2006, 04:10 PM
yes, advertisment of giant microbes is very very very good

kskerr
09-17-2006, 04:55 PM
That is part of why I want a tee-shirt or two, then people will wonder what they are and either ask me or look it up and then sales can go up and they will have more incentive to make more :D! That and it would just be geeky cool ;) :)!

mazuac
09-17-2006, 05:00 PM
yes, i agree... .perhaps they will come out with tee-shirts in the near future seeing ho much people want them...

kskerr
09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
It would be a great idea :)! Go along with the hats though I think it would be more popular than the hats since more people get and wear shirts than hats.

Tuburculosis
09-17-2006, 05:45 PM
i want the hat!im getting the blue for christmas though!

mazuac
09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
sweet, well, i like to think of microbes...

Tuburculosis
09-20-2006, 02:33 PM
nmicrobes.