PDA

View Full Version : ameoba

fat cell
01-03-2008, 09:34 PM
is an ameoba a microbe? I would like it to be a plush if it is.

fat cell :D :confused:

NPK
01-03-2008, 10:19 PM
is an ameoba a microbe? I would like it to be a plush if it is.

fat cell :D :confused:
Yes, amoeba are single-celled protozoans. A plush one with a pseudopod and visible internal vacuoles (somehow!) would be cool.

mazuac
01-11-2008, 10:50 PM
LOL what did you just say? Anyways, in a less smart way, yes amoeba is a microbe.

RED TIDE
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Amoeba was one of the first living things on this planet, it evolved more and more into other things, until us! So yes I believ we should pay our respect to Amoeba by making it in GiantMicrobes form.:rolleyes:

kskerr
02-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Amoeba are awesome and would make a great addition. Protists are very cool.

Tuburculosis
02-09-2008, 11:42 AM
there isn't any microbe with an irregular shape either.

kskerr
02-23-2008, 11:52 PM
there isn't any microbe with an irregular shape either.

My research organism is an irregular shaped organism, it ranges from being rod shaped to clubs and Y's. I would LOVE it if they made Bifidobacterium spp.!!! I would have to order a ton of them to decorate my offices and labs :D.

BlackDeathIsMyBestFriend
02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Amoeba was one of the first living things on this planet, it evolved more and more into other things, until us! So yes I believ we should pay our respect to Amoeba by making it in GiantMicrobes form.:rolleyes:

Heck yeah! At least it's not a sperm or egg cell like some other people want. Ew.

Anyway, I think it should look somewhat like the link I provide below, even with the clear skin and stuff!

http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/dendinger/biology/biofac/dendinger/amoeba.jpg

[edit] Maybe I shouldn't say skin, maybe membrane would be a better term. I was typing fast XP [end edit]