PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way for me to order microbes?

Funny Virus
03-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Please, help me! I am really anxious to hold some giant microbes. I like them very much and I want to buy them all!!!:) But I live in Russia, and there are no microbes in our shops...:( Help me, I can't eat and sleep. I think about microbes day and night!:D

Giardia
03-16-2006, 08:12 PM
you could order them online:D

kskerr
03-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Yes, I get all mine online, don't know too many stores in the US that carry them, though the undergrad micro club here as Iowa State is going to sell them as part of their fundraiser.

Giardia
04-17-2006, 06:51 PM
There are lots of stores near me where I can buy them, so i don't order mine. Still, It's a good way if there are no retailers that sell them near you.:D

Crazy4Microbes
04-17-2006, 07:26 PM
I order them on www.GIANTmicrobes.com or www. teachersource.com. :D

Giardia
04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
www.giantmicrobes.com is the best place, because you save when you buy bigger quantities.

kskerr
04-18-2006, 02:03 AM
Plus the official site has them all and links to this wonderful forum :D!

Crazy4Microbes
04-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Yeah I'd recomend www.giantmicrobes.com because it takes forever to find them on teacher source.

Giardia
04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Also, you are buying straight form the company

kskerr
04-19-2006, 03:10 AM
Sometimes the other site(s) has them cheaper but they don't usually have all of them. Plus I like supporting the original company, better they do the more likely they are to keep making my beloved stuffed microbes and make new ones...

Giardia
04-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Exactly my point.:D

kskerr
04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Perhaps I will get a shirt and or hat to help spread the word...

kskerr
04-19-2006, 08:10 PM
There is no shirt!!! They need to make shirts! I am not much of a hat person, though I still want it, the blue one specifically.

Giardia
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM
They don't have the blue hat available to Canada! Only the orange one!:mad:

kskerr
04-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Ha ha, Canada! You'll have to visit the states to get your cool blue hat, or can't you order through the US version or the site and use credit card to make it US dollars (perhaps Canada and US should use the same currency like Europe is doing, both should agree no pink dye, not liking the recent colors on our new bills!)... Not sure if it is possible but you never know!

Giardia
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I could order from the US sight, but then I would have to deal with customs. They just love to make you pay extra.:mad:

kskerr
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Its a hat, not a bomb or a sample of what the bigs on the hat represent....

Giardia
04-21-2006, 07:03 PM
How do we know, kskerr, HOW DO WE KNOW???

kskerr
04-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Ah Canada people and their backwards ways... :p

Giardia
04-22-2006, 11:00 AM
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!:p :p :p :p

kskerr
04-24-2006, 10:23 PM
OK but only since you are my favorite Canada person :p!!!

Giardia
04-25-2006, 05:49 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

kskerr
04-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Do you pronounce about "ah-boot" or "ah-bow-t"?

Giardia
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I hate that steriotype! We say everything the same way you do here, but they're a little different in Nova Scotia. It never gets past minus one where we live, and I've never said eh in my life! We're just like the states! Oh, and I'm also a duel citizen - I get to be American and Canadian! If it's always cold and snowy here, and we all say eh, then all Americans love baseball, hotgogs, apple pie, and chevrolet (lol, just kidding about the chevy)! I think I've made myself clear enough...

kskerr
04-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I was just teasing, and a little curious since it is such a steriotype and I wanted to know if it were true. Hmm, I hate apple pie, hotdogs, and baseball is pretty boring to me. Chevy is a cool brand though. It is more that we are arrogant big mouths from what I've heard, adn I can be a big mouth at times, but am not too arrogant usually. Cool that you have dual! Were you born in the states?

Giardia
04-30-2006, 03:31 PM
No, I was born in canada. My dad was born in the states, and my mother in canada, so I get to be both! Oh say can you see, our home and gracious land...(that's the american national anthem mixed with the canadian one, by the way). Oh, and It snowed for like an hour this winter, then stopped and melted for your information.

Giardia
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
No, I was born in canada. My dad was born in the states, and my mother in canada, so I get to be both! Oh say can you see, our home and gracious land...(that's the american national anthem mixed with the canadian one, by the way). Oh, and It snowed for like an hour this winter, then stopped and melted for your information. And I live in a house, not an igloo.:D

kskerr
04-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I blame NW Canada everytime it snows or is cold too, keep your stupid jet stream of cold air!!! We had quite a bit of snow this winter, I hate snow!!! And I don't think all of you all are covered in snow, I think Alaska is though. An igloo eh, what do you think we think about ya'll... Nice mix of anthems, careful though, there is a huge controversy going on here about messing with ours... People are being nuttier than usual I think, maybe something in the water or something...

kskerr
04-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Cool that you get both, though you can't be pres here since you were born there...

Giardia
05-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, I don't plan to be president anyway, even though I would change a few things if I were...

kskerr
05-01-2006, 11:44 PM
If I had control of the US gov't, there would be a few changes. No gas taxes would be first on my list, that includes state taxes which are more than the fed. I'd rearrange the budget so there was more towards education, research, and military and less for stupid crap. And I'd cut taxes! I am rather conservative, that would be reflected. I have no plans to go into politics though, too poor anyway!

mazuac
09-19-2006, 06:36 PM
if i could control the government... i would shoot bush

Tuburculosis
09-19-2006, 07:00 PM
no tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskerr
09-19-2006, 10:03 PM

That is sick and he is way better than the last one and the two he ran against! But this is not a political forum nor to I want it to become one, politics are messy at best!

kskerr
09-19-2006, 10:07 PM
no tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to have taxes of some sort but it has gotten way out of control, unfortunately Reagan is no longer here and we have no one else like him that is being run, at least none I know of. If it were all nature (genetics) and no nurture (environment, education, anything but genetics), that determined one's political beliefs I would want him cloned!!!

Pollock II
09-19-2006, 11:43 PM

Good thing you're not old enough to vote.

Pollock II
09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
You have to have taxes of some sort but it has gotten way out of control, unfortunately Reagan is no longer here and we have no one else like him that is being run, at least none I know of. If it were all nature (genetics) and no nurture (environment, education, anything but genetics), that determined one's political beliefs I would want him cloned!!!

If we didn't have taxes, we wouldn't have schools, highways, traffic lights, hospitals, malls, etc. Tax money pays to contruct and maintain all of those things and more.
If no one paid taxes, we'd all be screwed royally.

kskerr
09-20-2006, 01:08 AM
If we didn't have taxes, we wouldn't have schools, highways, traffic lights, hospitals, malls, etc. Tax money pays to contruct and maintain all of those things and more.
If no one paid taxes, we'd all be screwed royally.

I think we would have hospitals, there are private ones, because they are big money makers, but it is less likely the poor would be treated or treated fairly (not that all of them are now).

Tuburculosis
09-20-2006, 06:03 AM
i know,but that much?

Pollock II
09-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I think we would have hospitals, there are private ones, because they are big money makers, but it is less likely the poor would be treated or treated fairly (not that all of them are now).

Indeed. But there are some places that will help low income families take care of minor things, and there are other places that will help them make medical payments.

Pollock II
09-20-2006, 08:22 AM
i know,but that much?

You don't even pay taxes! Just wait till you get a job and have to send a portion of your paycheck to Uncle Sam. It seems like a lot, but it's nowhere near as much as they *could* be taking. You should be happy you don't live in a country where 2/3 of your paycheck goes to the govermnet, or in a country where they don't really pay you at all because your labor "benefits the country and that should be reward enough".

Tuburculosis
09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
im sick of my parents screaming about taxes,thats why i want less.

Pollock II
09-20-2006, 03:06 PM
My parents get upset too, but they know that at least the money is paying for stuff that's benificial.

Less taxes would result in shoddier road systems, terrible schools, no public parks, etc.

Yeah, no one likes paying them, but I think people would rather have good road systems and less money for personal expenses than lots of money for a nice car but crappy dangerous roads to drive it on.

I'd rather pay taxes and have my child (when I do have one) to go to a good school with good well paid teachers, rather than not pay taxes and have my child being taught the "wright" way to spell things.

Tuburculosis
09-20-2006, 03:27 PM
mine know its benificil,but still.

Pollock II
09-20-2006, 04:33 PM
It could *always* be worse.

mazuac
09-20-2006, 04:35 PM
i don't like our president, we should impeach him... THEN I WILL BECOME RULER AND MAKE EVERYONE PAY DOUBLE THERE TAXES!

Pollock II
09-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Impeaching doesn't mean kicking him out of the presidency.

Impeach:
1. To make an accusation against.
2. To charge (a public official) with improper conduct in office before a proper tribunal.
3. To challenge the validity of; try to discredit: impeach a witness's credibility.

mazuac
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
oh... why r there 4 stars on this furom?

Pollock II
09-20-2006, 05:20 PM
*shrugs* I don't know. Maybe it's the one with the most posts?

Tuburculosis
es,ive been wondering that to.

Pollock II
Oh! It's the thread's rating.

mazuac
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
oh, okay? why don't other threads have it?

kskerr
09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
i know,but that much?

I totally believe in a tax cut, I am a conservative on most issues. I think that there needs to be more accountability for the money we pay into the government and social security. State and federal, IL is horrible in what some of them are getting away with, so glad I don't pay taxes there anymore!!!

kskerr
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
My parents get upset too, but they know that at least the money is paying for stuff that's benificial.

Less taxes would result in shoddier road systems, terrible schools, no public parks, etc.

Yeah, no one likes paying them, but I think people would rather have good road systems and less money for personal expenses than lots of money for a nice car but crappy dangerous roads to drive it on.

I'd rather pay taxes and have my child (when I do have one) to go to a good school with good well paid teachers, rather than not pay taxes and have my child being taught the "wright" way to spell things.

I think there are areas where spending could be cut, not education and such. IL is my big example, they raised taxes but took money from education, the stupid gov was whining about the budget not being balanced and how money was being wasted but was flying a private jet from chicago to the capital and back every day at taxpayer expense. The roads are a big joke too, They always go with the cheap crap to fix them and so they go bad within a couple years of being done or fixed, and the toll system was left in place with the excuse that it would help that, do it right the first time and it would not need to be redone so often. No it was totally a matter of they had a revenue source and they were not going to give it up (the IL toll system was passed on a temporary bond issue that was paid off many years ago and was supposed to become a freeway after it was paid off).

kskerr
09-20-2006, 05:57 PM
oh, okay? why don't other threads have it?
Because other treads have not been rated, I think this one was rated by the originator because it answered their question.

mazuac
09-20-2006, 06:30 PM
oh, i see... okay:)

Tuburculosis
09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
ohh.my family is conservitive to,

kskerr
09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
ohh.my family is conservitive to,

I had kinda figured they might be.

mazuac
09-20-2006, 08:07 PM
conservative???? what is dat>?

kskerr
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
conservative???? what is dat>?

opposite of liberal. Reagan was a conservative. Bush is not as much but still somewhat. Conservatives generally believe in smaller government, lower taxes and such. Because the media tends to have a liberal bias conservatives are generally portrayed as fanatical rednecks or being rich people for "big business" and against middle class america when that is just not true. Funny since both democratic (generally liberal) and republican (generally more conservative though many are too moderate these days) candidates tend to be rich. Another myth is that corporations pay taxes, they do not, if I taxed GM $100 per car they sold they would just raise the price $150 ($100 for the tax and $50 to pay the accountants and such), so raising corporate taxes only raises the price of our products and makes them less competative with foreign products and so more jobs get shipped out of the country and we pay higher prices and do not have jobs. Like with everything there needs to be a balance, need taxes to fund important programs and such that will benefit society but at the same time it is best to not have them too high, like in other countries like France where it is about 2/3 of a person's income.

kskerr
09-22-2006, 02:10 AM
oppositem of libral,yes.librals like tax.we think its a form of stealing.

I think that is a little radicle, I do not think of it as stealing exactally, taxes are a necessary evil, I think that they are too high and should be lowered.

Pollock II
09-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Fun Fact: The Republicans wanted to raise the minimum wage, but the Democrats shot it down because it would raise the housing costs.

mazuac
09-22-2006, 02:50 PM
cool:) gooo democrats~

Pollock II
09-22-2006, 03:00 PM
cool:) gooo democrats~

No, that's a BAD thing. People below the poverty line really needed the minimum wage increase so they could support themselves and their families.

Maybe when you and TB get older and acually take Government/ Economics classes in school instead of just listening to what Mom and Dad tell you...

kskerr
09-22-2006, 03:57 PM
No, that's a BAD thing. People below the poverty line really needed the minimum wage increase so they could support themselves and their families.

Maybe when you and TB get older and acually take Government/ Economics classes in school instead of just listening to what Mom and Dad tell you...

I agree. Do not see how raising min wage would really effect the housing costs, these people can't afford housing as is, the current costs are due more to rich people who can not poor people. There likely needs to be more done with low cost housing, some areas are making a start, think IL has a new law that says a certain percentage of development in a city has to be lower cost, my block does not show it, they just started buying houses and puting up these huge houses (some are very pretty). A problem you can get though in making a richer town do this is that the taxes of that town are likely rather high, so what if you can afford the house if you can not afford the municiple and perhaps county taxes. Those taxes are also generally necessary, supports school, pays for some of the costs like street sweepers and plows and such.

So the raising the min wage thing got shot down, that seriously sucks, especially since the Democrates like to say they are out to help the poor, don't see how that is helping them... I think raising min wage would likely give the economy a boost, yes it would take from some of the company's profits and potentially cause prices to rise as a result (but they can only raise so high, raise the price too much and there will not be enough demand for the product) but it would allow the poor to have more money to spend and put into the economy. Economy was a very interesting class I thought, my econ prof was wonderful, she adored me to, wanted me to take more econ but as I was graduating... Econ in college is way different than the one that IL required is high school, that was not really econ but rather more a personal finances course, I tested out of it due to some luck guessing, probably helped me in college as I did not go in with a false impression of what the course was about.

Pollock II
09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
I got A's in both my Gov. and Econ. classes in high school.

Houston's gutting some old hotels in the downtown area and turning them into cheap housing. They ever tore down this "haunted" abandoned hospital and turned it into love income housing.

kskerr
09-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I got A's in both my Gov. and Econ. classes in high school.

Houston's gutting some old hotels in the downtown area and turning them into cheap housing. They ever tore down this "haunted" abandoned hospital and turned it into love income housing.

Now that is a creative solution :D

Pollock II
09-22-2006, 07:18 PM
I meant "low", and you know it! ;)

kskerr
09-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Goodness I didn't see that you accidentally put love instead of low, that is hilarious, especially my response (which would have been with a wink if I had noticed it). :p

bugs
12-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Giardia? You said you can get a cheaper price with bigger quantities...wholesale prices. I tried logging into wholesale and putting large amounts in my shopping cart, but I dont get a cheaper price. How do you get the wholesale prices????
Thanks!

Giardia
12-15-2006, 10:20 PM
It isn't the wholesale form that does it...it's when you go to a category in the drop-down menu, or from the front page (e.g, Maladies). The page will show pictures of every microbe in the category. Here is a link to a "Category Page" for an example http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/maladies/ This is the Maladies page. It shows a picture of every Microbe in that category. To save, simply go to the page of any category. There will be a button that says "Complete Set." It will add one of each microbe in the category you are looking at to your cart. If you do the math, you will see that the price is lower when you buy a complete category than it would be otherwise. I hope you understand my explanation!!!

09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Near were I live there is only one. They didn't have them in stock for a very long time though. Did the same thing happen to the stores you go to?:confused:

mazuac
09-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Near were I live there is only one. They didn't have them in stock for a very long time though. Did the same thing happen to the stores you go to?:confused:
Lucky! No stores by me sell GiantMicrobes!