PDA

View Full Version : giant microibes products II

Tuburculosis
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi! I lost the original thread, but here is the thread were you can say what you think they should make in GIANTmicrobes. Athletes Foot slippers, Pillows, Sheets, etc... The list goes on and on!:D

mazuac
06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
I think a cancer plushie and Athletes foots slippers would be cool! also, could you please translate your signature:confused: ;)

Tuburculosis
06-05-2007, 08:34 AM
What do you mean, translate it?

bh518
06-05-2007, 10:03 AM
cancer isnt a microbe - theyre just cells....

mazuac
06-05-2007, 08:33 PM
fly's arent microbes either, and what i meantt TB was that i was wondering what your signature meant:)

Stentor
06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
A lot of the giant microbes aren't microbes--but they're fun and cute and you won't find many other plush fleas or white blood cells out there so as long as this one place does make them--this place--I really don't think there is any reason to be complaining. Also there should still be a slime mold. There.

bh518
06-20-2007, 09:05 AM
for the record - i wasnt complaining, merely stating. and i think a teratoma might be better than a cancer cell 'cos they can have more characteristic features, like teeth and hair. i suppose u could give cancer an angry face though, maybe something similar to polio or red tide...?

Stentor
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Awesome idea, I don't know if that is a microbe...have no idea what that counts as actually--but it sounds like a cool idea. Can't there be both...?

Giardia
07-07-2007, 08:36 PM
They might be able to make an example of a cancer cell ;)

Tuburculosis
07-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Cancer cell can be a lot of things though, they could make 100 different cancer plushes. What did i say!? YAY! 100 New Microbes!!!:D

mazuac
08-09-2007, 12:11 PM
That would be uber awesome! And also, what about a meningitis microbe? That would be awesome!

Tuburculosis
08-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Cancer has many, many forms. At least 40 new microbes could be made in a Cancer categories.

mazuac
08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
That would be a lot, but a lot could be added to the Coroporeals seeing as coroporeal means :A corporeal thing is a thing having physical substance. The Latin word 'corpus' means 'body', and thus corporeal means, loosely, that something 'has a body'

So tons of microbes could be added. I bet they would gradually put more cancer stuff in, like with the STD's

Giardia
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
They would only have to make one of the forms...they don't have to make all of them.

mazuac
08-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, true, but still, a bunch of cancer cells would be awesome!

kskerr
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Listeria monocytogenes would be way better than cancer. I would be extremely happy if they made Bifidobacterium spp. Something from the Lactobacillus genus would also please me. They have so many microbes they could make, no need to make human cells.

sceptor
09-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Listeria monocytogenes would be way better than cancer. I would be extremely happy if they made Bifidobacterium spp. Something from the Lactobacillus genus would also please me. They have so many microbes they could make, no need to make human cells.
English plz.

Stentor
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
The terms you had difficulty with are better than English because one can understand those terms no matter what language they speak. If one doesn't know them they can look them up and viola learn new and interesting things. And no matter how one slices it--"plz" is not English--nor is it internationally acknowledged terminology.

sceptor
09-11-2007, 10:31 PM
The terms you had difficulty with are better than English because one can understand those terms no matter what language they speak. If one doesn't know them they can look them up and viola learn new and interesting things. And no matter how one slices it--"plz" is not English--nor is it internationally acknowledged terminology.
I was just too lazy to look it up, and to make you happier, english PLEASE.

kskerr
09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterial pathogen, Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus are two different genus of often beneficial bacteria, I work with the former. All of which are proper scientific names, which are based on Latin, there are not "English" names for them but the names are as good as in English because that is what they are. If you are too lazy to copy paste a term into google don't whine to me about not understanding, it is not like I went into detail about concepts that are above anyone on this forum's level.

sceptor
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterial pathogen, Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus are two different genus of often beneficial bacteria, I work with the former. All of which are proper scientific names, which are based on Latin, there are not "English" names for them but the names are as good as in English because that is what they are. If you are too lazy to copy paste a term into google don't whine to me about not understanding, it is not like I went into detail about concepts that are above anyone on this forum's level.
Well sorry, and thanks for telling me. Appreciate it.

bh518
09-30-2007, 04:42 AM
if they are going to make a cancer cell, they should make a teratoma. There are so many things they could do with that, like give it hair and teeth and nails and stuff, as happens in real medicine. and it could be an awesome (and potentially scary looking) microbe!

i think a good idea for a stem-cell would be to do a megakaryocyte (the stemcell for platelets). the stem cell has two protruding "arms" from which little platelets form and break off and enter the blood stream. they could maybe have a couple of little velcro 'stick-on' platelets which can be detatched from the main body of the cell? just a thought

still holding out for the T4 bacteriophage! i was told they were working on one - must still be working on it as it wasnt released with the new ones :(

Stentor
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Those would all be great, there are so many kinds of cancer cells that if only one was going to be done a more representative example may want to be chosen--but it would still be really cool. There really should be a T4 bacteriophage. I would like to see more basic pond life too--stentor, paramecium and other ciliates, an amoeba of some sort--like a proteus or something. Also a mold or some other fungi--maybe even a water mold--just make a really fuzzy blob or something. There is also a kind of bacteria that eats radioactive waste--just cool I guess...

bh518
10-03-2007, 05:30 AM
im suprised they havent made a Yellow Fever yet as that is endemic to a big proportion of the world. Maybe they could make it he's holding a little Yellow Fever vaccination certificate like we have to when visiting some countries (just like the HIV and Hep have ribbons).

Also Dengue Fever would be a good one, as well as Cholera - and Marburg to partner up with Ebola!:cool:

Adenine
10-03-2007, 11:19 AM
I asked about Marburg a while ago and they said they were actually working on it and planning to release it this past winter, but that seems to have gone the way of T4, whatever way that is. My guess is that there have been some hefty delays with certain designs. It's harder to inquire now that live chat has been taken away!

kskerr
10-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Rocky mountain spotted fever would be good, funny thing is it is more an eastern US issue than a western one, lol. Causative agents of bacterial and viral meningitis would also make a good pair of new ones. Oh a really good one would be HPV since there is now a vaccine against 4 strains of it, the strains that cause the highest incidence of genital warts and cervical cancer.

mazuac
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Hm... I think a cool one would be SARS... maybe?

Adenine
10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, I e-mailed them the other day and apparently they are in the process of making an HPV microbe. She also told me the next release will be around December, but she wasn't sure what was coming out--maybe we'll finally see T4?

kskerr
10-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Early December hopefully, people start bugging me about what I want for Christmas, lol.

mazuac
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
You know what would be a cool one? I really am not sure... maybe... uh... um... hm... uh... Stomach microbes? Bone cells, liver cells oh oh oh! PANCREAS CELLS!!!

kskerr
10-23-2007, 09:57 PM
They already made the microbe associated with the stomach, ulcer aka H. pylori. The human cells just aren't as cool to me as actual microbes.

mazuac
10-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh, poop :( That stinks! OH and my friend, I think, has the staph infection! Only its not mrsa XD

Tuburculosis
10-26-2007, 07:41 PM
I know this idea sounds kinda weird, but imagine if there was an imaginary section. with made up germs. i dunno, from video games, movies, etc... Just a thought!:D

Adenine
10-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I want plush antibodies! :)

mazuac
10-29-2007, 04:28 PM
That'd be awesome! But doesn't the leukocyte count as that already?

Adenine
10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
No, it doesn't--a white blood cell is not the same thing as an antibody. They're both immune defense mechanisms, though. Quick immunology lesson: antibodies recognize and knock out/tag foreign objects like bacteria and viruses, while leukocytes, depending on the specific kind, can do any number of things: coordinate the immune response, kill infected cells, and perform "clean-up" by phagocytosing cells (or engulfing them). Neat, huh? Antibodies are also a Y shape, which would be neat--they could make 5 in different colors for the 5 different classes we have!

Tuburculosis
10-31-2007, 08:17 PM
antibodies, yes! i was wondering, does anyone know any imaginary microbes for a possible "Fake" section? I'm trying to think of some...

Also, wouldn't it be cool, MAKE YOUR OWN MICROBE! that would be fun.:D :)

mazuac
11-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah! A make your own microbe would open up so many possibilities!!!

sceptor
11-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I want plush antibodies! :)
That would be awesome! Then they should make a skin cell, and pair them up with the white blood cell as the bodys 3 defenses!

bh518
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
waited many months for the T4 bacteriophage. i'm in awe of the 5 new microbes added today. i think theyre the best ones so far.

also love the cape for the MRSA!

Adenine
11-29-2007, 06:05 PM
The MRSA cape is a hoot. I'm very impressed by all of these, especially the T4. That one will live on top of my E. coli. :)

Tuburculosis
12-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow, Ive got to get T4! It and toxic mold. Their so cute...

kskerr
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
No, it doesn't--a white blood cell is not the same thing as an antibody. They're both immune defense mechanisms, though. Quick immunology lesson: antibodies recognize and knock out/tag foreign objects like bacteria and viruses, while leukocytes, depending on the specific kind, can do any number of things: coordinate the immune response, kill infected cells, and perform "clean-up" by phagocytosing cells (or engulfing them). Neat, huh? Antibodies are also a Y shape, which would be neat--they could make 5 in different colors for the 5 different classes we have!

For the People who have taken Immunology or the like courses (I am not going to try explaining these terms):
Better would be to have the structures each forms. As I recall IgM antibodies form 5 member rings, think IgA have 2 bound together, can't really remember the rest and don't feel like getting my Immunology text out, lol. They would be kinda cool, as long as they don't go too nuts with the immuno stuff, don't want the complement cascade in plush form!!!!!!

kskerr
12-01-2007, 04:22 PM
The new ones are awesome, I love how they got the icosahedral shape stitched into T4! Penicillin is adorable too.

bh518
12-02-2007, 04:30 AM
iv just bought t4 and penicillin (amongst others). wen i got to the checkout it said something about the T4 and penicillin prices being higher due to production costs or something - don't know whether that means they might not be intending to make very many of those 2 or not... just a thought! Just got the long wait for them to be shipped to the UK now!!

Tuburculosis
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
T4 is so cute! I love the icosahedral head too, kskerr. whenever i saw pictures of a T4, I would check; does it have all 20 sides? Lol.

And penicillin! all those tentacles...

mazuac
12-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I love T4 bacteriophage, and penicillin! Probably my favorite ones yet! (sorry lueko and yeasty and neuro...:'( yes, I name my microbes >_> XD)

Tuburculosis
12-04-2007, 02:25 PM
I like T4 and penicillin a lot too. But I still love my Tuberculosis... :rolleyes:

mazuac
12-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Lol! I think t4 is my new favorite... *when I get it >_>;*

kskerr
02-09-2008, 12:03 AM
T4 is so cute! I love the icosahedral head too, kskerr. whenever i saw pictures of a T4, I would check; does it have all 20 sides? Lol.

And penicillin! all those tentacles...

Dang it now I am going to have to count them :rolleyes:

Tuburculosis
02-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I have to get salmonella again, its flagella are missing (fell of over time, its one of my oldest microbes and i think my dog got at it). Also, they should add a tapeworm section.

Adenine
02-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Dang it now I am going to have to count them :rolleyes:

I just did. It does, indeed, have all 20 sides. I'm impressed!

Tuburculosis
02-15-2008, 04:32 PM
No, it has 21!:eek:
EDIT- never mind, i was tired when i counted them. alll 20. no more, no less.