PDA

View Full Version : Hemophilia caused the Cold War!

Pollock II
09-22-2006, 10:22 AM
We are currently learning about the circulatory system in my biology class, so of course we're talking about clotting proteins, which keep you from bleeding to death from a paper cut... unless you're a hemophiliac; a person lacking the clotting proteins in their system.

So here's the story in a nut shell:

1. Czarina Alexandra believed that Rasputin held magical powers to cure or at least to treat the hemophilia which afflicted her son, Alexei.

2. Rasputin corrupted the czar family, thus contributing to the overthrow of the Czar in 1916.

3. This overthrow lead to the formation and 70-year rule of the Communist party.

4. Because of the U.S. fear of Communism spreading, we went to war with the former Soviet Union.

And there you have it! Clotting proteins making history!

So next time you get a scrape or bruise your knee, say thank you to your clotting proteins for being there. Who knows what would happen if they weren't?!

For more information, the website I used: http://www.samsloan.com/anastasi.htm

Pollock II
09-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I just got through saying that didn't I?

If her son had not had hemophilia, then Rasputin would have never been called to help the family, and thus he would never have corrupted the family, which in turn would NOT have led Communists to overthrow the Czars and execute them all and take control. And, had the Communists NEVER gain control of Russia, we would have never bothered with "The Red Scare" and the Cold War would not exist.

kskerr
09-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Learn something new everyday I guess, lol ;)

giardia_2
03-04-2009, 06:10 AM
oh I learned about that in school as well, I also read a book about it and there's a song about it too.:)