PDA

View Full Version : germs on TV

ultra T4
05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
i am watching a documentary about TB a documentary on the flu just ended and an ebola one is next it is very interesting!:D

giardia_2
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
There was a Nova on typhoid Mary.

fat cell
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
I watch a show on TB. It was about this haunted hospital. Scared the sh*t out of me. Had a hard time sleeping. :( :eek:

Stomach Ache*Special
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
lol, That's why I don't watch my brother play zombie games on his Hi-Def. playstation :D! Here's the thing, for something that's really scary, it's actually really addicting! It's weird, but I find that I can't stop myself from looking at the screen! It's got this weird hypnotizing effect that says, "keep looking!" even though it's awfully scary! lol, I get lots of bad dreams and paranoia of course! :D:D

giardia_2
06-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I just saw a nova on ebola. It is awful what that giant microbe can do. I mean it liquifies your organs and make you bleed out of all your orifices. It almost made me sick and I have a strong stomach. I could have just been feeling under the weather that day though so...

ultra T4
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
i try to avoid hororr movies exept tremors

Stomach Ache*Special
06-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh! Oh! Giardia, I had to watch a short documentary about Ebola in my Biology science class, and apparently it must of been pretty nasty from what I heard! Luckily, my glasses broke like 3 days before, so I wasn't able to see the pictures in high resolution, lol :D ;). But it was cool nonetheless. Though I do feel sorry for those people over there... :(

Do you remember if they mentioned something like, uh... Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease or something? :confused:

giardia_2
06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
i don't remember. once it's summer i try to block out school

Stomach Ache*Special
06-26-2009, 03:42 PM
My bad :(.... for me, school gets harder to ignore :(.

sectoid coli
12-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Sorry for sounding noobish, but what the heck is a TB? Is it a microbe?:confused:

Stomach Ache*Special
01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes, TB (AKA Tuberculosis) is a microbe that is very contagious and makes you cough up blood in the late stages, most times you won't notice until it's too late.

The plushie is under the professionals section of the main GM webpage. :)

myco monster
01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
it can do much more than infect your lungs. thanks to its strange power to infect ANY part of your body it can also cause anything from brain disease to very disturbing spinal deformation to severe bladder infections. and it has strains that are immune to almost all known treatments(in part due to people stoping the treatment as soon as the symptoms are gone,not when the mycobacterium is exterminated from the body). the fact that the immune system can do squat to its armor-like cell wall is not good at all.

ultra T4
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
and on the show i saw it said that MDRTB(multiple-drug-resistant-TB) can sometimes carry HIV